Red Dead Online: Blood Money – Available Now
News · · by Magnar
The Red Dead Online: Blood Money update has finally released across all platforms, here is everything you need to know!
Introducing Crimes & Opportunities
The Blood Money update has introduced two avenues to earn some money, albeit they’re very similar to Stranger Missions.
Crimes can be accessed from a couple of Stranger/Missions givers, and can range from robbing a house to taking down a gang.
When playing Crimes, you need to loot enemies and search lockboxes to earn Capitale, so you can unlock Opportunities. The reward for completing Crimes is similar to Stranger Missions, you earn a little cash & gold.
Opportunities are larger missions that can be accessed when you’ve earned enough Capitale, with each difficulty costing a different amount. (15 Capitale on Normal, 25 on Hard)
Opportunities can be approached in a number of ways, you can go in guns blazing, or take your time, listen to local NPCs and gather information before setting out.
What is Capitale?
Capitale is a currency similar to Role Tokens, in that they can be used to unlock Opportunities, however they aren’t used for anything else at the moment.
Capitale can be earned by looting bodies & lockboxes when completing Crime missions, however the missions themselves don’t reward Capitale upon completion.
- Rockstar Launcher: 5.6GB
- Steam: 1.9GB
- Epic Games: 2GB
- PlayStation: 5.6GB
- Xbox: 5.2GB
Quick Draw Club Pass 1
The first Quick Draw Club pass introduced contains Dutch’s outfit, the Whitchurch Cattleman Revolver Variant, The Rushword Shirt & more! There are 25 levels in total.
The pass costs 25 Gold Bars, which you’ll get back if you complete the pass before it expires on August 9th.
- Red Dead Online expands with Blood Money, including new missions called Crimes and Opportunities. To get started, visit Guido Martelli in Saint Denis.
- Today’s update also includes Pamphlets and clothing items available for purchase, the Nominated Series, new Daily Challenges and Awards, improvements to the Free Roam Mission Giver menu and more.
- The Quick Draw Club is a series of four distinct rapid-fire passes in consecutive installments as part of the Blood Money update. The Quick Draw Club No. 1 is available to purchase for 25 Gold Bars today through August 9th. In addition, there are numerous free rewards as part of everyone’s automatic membership to the Wheeler, Rawson and Co. Club.
- Crimes are new missions in Free Roam. Visit Anthony Foreman, James Langton, Sean Maguire or Joe in Free Roam to play Crimes. Today’s update features a range of crimes including three multi-part Crime Contracts:
- The Railroad Contract
- The Jeb Phelps Contract
- The Bluewater Contract
- Several new Awards have been added to Red Dead Online along with several existing Awards receiving updates.
- Several new Daily Challenges have been added to Red Dead Online along with several existing Daily Challenges receiving updates.
- Several new clothing items have been added for male and female characters to Red Dead Online:
- The Haraway Outfit
- The Rebellion Poncho
- The Torras Poncho (new tint)
- The Pacific Union Cap (unlocked after completing the Covington Emerald Opportunity on the Ruthless difficulty)
- The Hired Gun Kit (available from the Fence)
- Two new Emotes have been added to Red Dead Online and can be unlocked through the Quick Draw Club No. 1:
- Asking for Trouble
- Cock a Snook
- One new variant of the Cattleman Revolver has been added to Red Dead Online and can be unlocked through the Quick Draw Club No. 1.
- Two new Patterned Gun Wraps have been added to Red Dead Online and can be unlocked through the Quick Draw Club No. 1.
- Two new Leather Gun Wrap Color Variants have been added to Red Dead Online and can be unlocked through the Quick Draw Club No. 1.
- One new Camp Flag has been added to Red Dead Online and can be unlocked through the Quick Draw Club No. 1.
- One new Photo Studio Backdrop has been added to Red Dead Online and can be unlocked through the Quick Draw Club No. 1.
- One new Photo Studio Pose has been added to Red Dead Online and can be unlocked through the Quick Draw Club No.1.
- Two new Horse Manes have been added to Red Dead Online and can be unlocked through Season Rewards & the Quick Draw Club No. 1.
- Several pamphlets can now be bought from the Fence. These include:
- Cook Multiple Meats
- Fast Travel from Wilderness Camp
- Ammo Capacity: Shotgun
- Ammo Capacity: Rifles
- Ammo Capacity: Pistol
- Ammo Capacity: Varmint Rifle
- Ammo Capacity: Repeater
- Ammo Capacity: Revolver
- Ammo Capacity: Bow
The full patch notes are available here.