GTA Online: The Contract – Available now!
News - GTA · · by Magnar
GTA Online: The Contract – Available Now!
Franklin’s long awaited return to GTA is finally here, as GTA Online: The Contract is available now on all platforms.
The Contract update sees a plethora of new items added to GTA Online, with more weapons, vehicles, clothing & tattoos all available with more to come over the next few weeks. Additionally, a new property called the Agency is now listed on Dynasty 8 real-estate. As expected in an update featuring Dr. Dre, music is also a big part of the package, with an update to the radio stations in Los Santos and new tracks from the main man himself.
How to start GTA Online: The Contract
After downloading the updating (download sizes below), you’ll receive a call from Lamar when logging into GTA Online, inviting you to purchase an Agency.
After purchasing your Agency, you’ll meet Frank Clinton, having moved on from his days of low-level crime, he’s now working with rich people, solving rich people problems.
At your Agency, you’ll be given access to a PC, where you can complete security missions after registering as a CEO, whilst across the building, Franklin works on securing an A List client to work with. After completing a few security missions, new opportunities will open up and that’s where Dr. Dre is introduced.
During the introduction to the Cayo Perico heist in 2020, Dr. Dre is about to join you on your trip to the Island, before realising his phone is missing. As part of The Contract, you’ll be tasked with locating the missing phone, which also gives players a chance to hang with Dr. Dre at Record A Studios, getting a behind the scenes look at his recording process.
The download size does vary slightly depending on which platform you play on, the below are given as a general guide:
- PC – 4.8GB (Steam/Rockstar Launcher)
- PlayStation – 3.9GB
- Xbox – 3.8GB
Agency Locations, Prices & Upgrades
After receiving a call from Lamar, you’re advised to buy an Agency, with 4 locations available, and as with all properties, the cost can vary depending on how you choose to customise your agency and what upgrades you want, with the 4 locations costing between $2,000,000-$5,500,000.
- Hawick – $2,830,000 – $5,507,500
- Little Seoul – $2,010,000 – $4,687,500
- Rockford Hills – $$2,415,000 – $5,092,500
- Vespucci Canals – $2,145,000 – $4,822,500
You can customise the Art, Highlights & Wallpaper in your Agency, with some customisation options being free and the most expensive costing almost $500k.
You can also add three upgrades to your Agency:
- Accommodation, a place to relax and let off steam. Costing $275k
- Armory, your place to upgrade & purchase weapons. Required to purchase the Stun & EMP guns. Costing $720k
- Vehicle Workshop, upgrade your vehicles to get the job done. Required to purchase the remote control unit and missile lock-on jammer (details below). Costing $800k
As expected, music is a big part of GTA Online: The Contract, with new tracks, updates to existing stations and a brand new station all added to the game.
Introducing MOTOMAMI Los Santos, a brand new radio station hosted by ROSALÍA and Arca, bringing a ton of new tracks to Los Santos. Radio Los Santos and West Coast Classics also see an update, with new tracks from Juicy J, Mike Dean, Pusha T and more.
The lead single from an upcoming EP on Rockstar Games own CircoLoco Records, “Let’s Get It”, is also premiering on Radio Los Santos, along with other new tracks from the EP that can be found on USB collectibles.
West Coast Classics also gets taken over by “Dre Day”, where DJ Pooh pays homage to Dr. Dre, featuring classic tracks such as “Next Episode” along with tracks from collaborations Dr. Dre has made throughout his career.
There are 7 new vehicles available to purchase at Legendary Motorsport & Southern San Andreas Autos:
- Bravado Buffalo STX – Price: $2,150,000 – Trade Price: $1,612,500
- Dewbauchee Champion – Price: $2,995,000 – Trade Price $2,246,250
- Enus Deity – Price: $1,383,750 – Trade Price: $1,845,000
- Enus Jubilee – Price: $1,237500 – Trade Price: $1,650,000
- Pfister Astron – Price: $1,580,000
- Lampadati Cinquemila – Price: $1,740,000
- Pegasi Ignus – Price: $2,765,000
The new vehicle Workshop at F. Clinton & Partner also allows you to add a Missile Lock-on Jammer, which for $400k, will hopefully save players from the plague of GTA Online… Oppressor owners. Also available is a Remote Control Unit, available for $235k, which allows you to drive your vehicle remotely, similarly to the RC Bandito.
GTA Online: The Contract sees a couple of new weapons added to your arsenal, however, an Armory is required for the Stun Gun & Compact EMP launcher with the Heavy Rifle available at Ammu-Nation.
- Stun Gun – $326,500 – Available at the Armory
- EMP Launcher – $456,750 – Available at the Armory
- Heavy Rifle – $414,000 – Available at Ammu-Nation
More Coming Soon
Rockstar Game have also told players to keep an eye out over the coming weeks, for more GTA Online goodies, with adversary modes, vehicles & more surprises still to come.
As always we’ll keep you up to date with all things GTA Online here, and over at @GTAOnlineRDC